The toughest choice you'll ever make: a Snappy or Milescraft Vix Bit...
It's a choice so difficult we had to say stuff it and buy both. So now we're selling both and it's your decision. Check out the opposition here.
See the Milescraft are cheaper and if you're like us that's probably already got you googling it, but we'll let you in on a secret - the Snappy is actually a bit better. Milescraft are fantastic for their design and the cost-effective nature of their tools, but Snappy invented the darn vix bit. They actually sat down one night after a long slog and a few broken hinges and came up with the design. Sorry MC but how could you possibly beat that?
- As they're professional drilling equipment manufacturers, Snappy's attention to detail is absolutely superb.
- The hardened nose bushing centers itself in the hardware for perfectly centered pilot screw hole
- Carefully accentuated design ensures screws will be straight and flush for proper mounting of hardware.
- The spring-loaded HSS drill bit makes light work of creating pilot holes.
The VIX Bit set of 3 includes:
- Snappy Industrial Quick Change Chuck
- 5/64" Bit
- 7/64" Bit
- 9/64" Bit
- 1/8" Hex Key
Vix Bits for hinges on home renovations, drawers, kitchen cabinets and more
So there you go. Really, the choice is yours. Use the original Snappy Vix self-centering hinge bits to accurately drill pilot holes in hinges, handles, drawer slides and other hardware and if you're tackling a big job, we definitely recommend them. It's one of those 'Do I need this to last a lifetime?' type questions.
So, do you?