Timbecon Pty Ltd is committed to providing you with the best possible customer service experience. Timbecon is bound by the Commonwealth Privacy Act 1988, which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals and protecting your personal information.
Your Personal Information
Personal information held by Timbecon may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile phone number, email address, bank account details, occupation, driver’s licence number and your Timbecon username or password. Timbecon also holds details of your transaction history (including their status), as well as certain details about your personal interests.
If you choose not to provide certain personal information (e.g. your date of birth), Timbecon may not be able to provide you with the services you require, or the level of service on which Timbecon prides itself.
Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about other individuals to Timbecon (e.g. about your authorised representatives). If so, Timbecon relies on you to inform those individuals that you are providing their personal information to Timbecon and to advise them that Timbecon can be contacted for further information (see ’How to contact us’ below).
How We Collect Your Personal Information
Timbecon collects personal information in a number of ways, including:
- directly from you, when you provide information by phone or in application forms
- when you submit your personal details through Timbecon’s websites (e.g. during www.timbecon.com.au registration)
- from entry forms filled in either in our shop or at wood shows
- by returning warranty forms to us
- from publicly available sources of information
- from the organisations identified below under ’When Timbecon discloses your personal information’
How We Use Your Personal Information
Your personal information may be used to:
- verify your identity
- assist you to subscribe to Timbecon’s services
- provide the services you require
- administer and manage those services, including charging, billing and collecting debts (account customers only)
- inform you of ways the services provided to you could be improved
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud (finance and account applications only)
- research and develop Timbecon’s services
- gain an understanding of your needs in order for Timbecon to provide you with a better service
- maintain and develop Timbecon’s business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Also, your personal information is collected so that Timbecon can promote and market its services to you (including by way of direct mail, telemarketing and email messages). Timbecon does this to keep you informed of its products, services and special offers. If you do not wish Timbecon to promote and market its products, services and special offers to you, please call 1300 880 996 or email us.
In relation to marketing and promotional material sent via e-mail, Timbecon will send such material only if you elect to receive it (i.e. opt-in) or if it is provided in response to your request. You can indicate your opt-in preference at Timbecon’s websites, or on entry forms.
When We Disclose Your Personal Information
In order to deliver the services you require, Timbecon may disclose your personal information to organisations outside of Timbecon. Your personal information is disclosed to these organisations only in relation to Timbecon providing its services to you. These organisations carry out Timbecon’s:
- mailing operations
- information technology services
- website usage analysis
Timbecon takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
In addition, Timbecon may disclose your personal information to:
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
- including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of its assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables)
Timbecon provides products and services via its various web sites. When you visit Timbecon's sites, its web servers record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists Timbecon to improve the structure of its web sites and monitor their performance.
Timbecon may use ’cookies’ on various web sites. Cookies are an industry standard and most major web sites use them. A cookie is a small text file that our web sites may place on your computer. Usually, cookies are used as a means for Timbecon’s web sites to remember your preferences. As such, cookies are designed to improve your experience of Timbecon's websites.
In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. Timbecon extends the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. You can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our web sites or take advantage of the improved web site experience that cookies offer. Timbecon also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. Timbecon collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing internet session management and for security purposes.
Help Us To Ensure We Hold Accurate Information
Timbecon takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information it collects, uses and discloses is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide. That’s why Timbecon recommends that you:
- let Timbecon know if there are any errors in your personal information
- keep Timbecon up-to-date with changes to your personal information such as your name or address.
- If you are a subscriber to one of Timbecon’s online products or services, you may change your personal details by using the relevant facility on Timbecon’s websites.
You Can Access Your Personal Information
You have a right to access all of your personal information. If you would like to do so, you will need to put your request in writing for, security reasons, and either send it by mail to Timbecon Pty Ltd, U2/17 Canvale Road, Canning Vale WA 6155, or by facsimile to 08 6161 1176 or by e-mail to email@example.com
Timbecon reserves the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing access to your information.
How To Contact Us
If you have any questions in relation to privacy, please contact Timbecon on 1300 880 996 between 8:30am and 5:00pm, Monday to Friday.