The 550W Bench Top Drill Press: huge torque, huge capacity, small size, small price.
Sherwood's 550W Benchtop models fit that balance between decent power that live up to the reason for buying a drill press in the first place, without sacrificing the space-saving element to any bench top machine that comes in handy if your workshop is more like a garage than a parking lot.
Each Sherwood pedestal drill comes with a five year warranty because they're specifically built to last all day. They follow the same design that's become standard among drill presses but they have bonus features: modern safety enhancements, cast-iron tables, worklights and heavy-duty chucks with large quills that mean they're better suited to constant use than your standard drill press on offer from other manufacturers.
- 4-Pole, 1400rpm motor produces double the torque of standard 2-pole motors
- 0.03mm runout as standard across the range
- Standard bayonet-style light fitting mounted in the drill head creates improved lighting on the drill press table
- One-piece drive spindle design (instead of using a tapered drill arbour) improves drive transfer and concentricity
- Micro-switch built into pulley cover means it can't be accidentally turned on when changing speeds
One of the best features we get feedback on is the design of the large, vibration-reducing head, which not only helps in increasing the accuracy of your drilling but also in reducing operation fatigue for the user.