Torquata Scroll Chuck
Please Note: The TSC-100 Scroll Chuck does not come standard with an insert adapter. You will need to purchase a chuck adapter to fit it to your woodlathe.
Adapters can be purchased separately from the drop-down menu. Please refer to your lathe's manual if you are unsure what size/thread adapter you will need.
If your thread size is not listed here, then select the 5/8in unthreaded insert to be made up by a local engineering shop.
Why pick the Torquata Scroll Chuck?
The Torquata Scroll Chuck is indispensable for a woodturner’s work-holding. They are durable and accurately manufactured to provide a smooth scrolling action. Positively locking jaws ensure the workpiece is held securely when being machined.
The Torquata Woodturner's Scroll Chuck delivers on features, quality and value. Every time.
The manufacturer has been producing scroll chucks for 20+ years and supplies many major brand names in USA and UK. They are the choice for premier brands that are known for delivering quality, reliability and value.
If you look at the comparison you will see that the Torquata Chuck is bigger than its major rivals in the market. Most chucks are 3 1/2in or 90mm – Torquata uses a full-size 100mm chuck body.
Why does this matter?
- The internals of this chuck are bigger and stronger, which translates to stronger, more secure work holding on larger workpieces up to 700mm (28in) diameter (when appropriate jaws are used).
- The jaw slides are bigger and work over a larger range inside the chuck body – meaning you get bigger ranges when the jaws are mounted.
- 100mm bright steel precision-machined chuck body
- Fully enclosed scrolling gear wheel means it doesn’t get clogged with shavings
- Indexing plate built into the side of enclosing plate for ease of access
- Hardened steel jaw slides for fixing jaws on to chuck
- Large and comfortable single T-Handle included for single-handed chuck adjustment
- Includes woodworm screw for extra work holding if necessary
- Includes standard 60mm dovetail jaws to securely grip workpiece in expanding and contracting mode
- M40 thread to easily adapt to most size headstock
- Jaw Travel Contracting 45 – 73mm
- Jaw Travel Expanding 60 – 88mm
The Torquata System Saving
The Scroll Chuck is the first of what is a multi-stage investment when you need more accessory jaws. How much do the spare jaws cost? Look at the comparison below –
|Large Dovetail Jaws
|Cole (Flat) Jaws
That’s a saving of $136.00 – or 33%!
Also available from the drop-down menu are a replacement set of screws in case you lose any whilst changing the jaws, plus the woodworm screw if this gets misplaced or broken.