Similar to the specifications of the knuckle-cap block planes with a 165 x 44mm body and 44mm blade that is able to reach into an internal corner.
Best to think of it as a broad, comfortable shoulder plane rather than a block plane with added versatility and it pays to treat the open sides a little more gently than a standard block plane, particularly when it comes to tightening down the iron.
The continuous U section of a standard plane provides a good deal of its stiffness, making it more important than usual to apply the minimum force necessary to hold the blade in position on this plane due to the design.
- 3.2mm-thick high-carbon tool steel blade ground with 25° bevel
- Solid cast bronze knuckle cap
- Solid brass and steel knobs and fittings
- Stress relieved ductile iron castings precision machined and lapped smooth and square
- Comes with low 12 ½° bed angle.