What is a Hardwax Oil?
It is a relatively new product, far more commonly used in Europe but is gaining in popularity here in Australia. Originally marketed as a flooring finish, hardwax oils are taking the high-end furniture industry by storm due to its many positive properties. As the name suggests, it is a combination of wax and oil. Neither of these finishes produce a strong hard wearing film on the surface on their own. Hardwax Oil is an oil based finish that soaks in, lightly colors the wood and forms a protective film on the surface of the wood. Its for applications where the end user wants a more natural wood finish while also having some sort of protective layer on the surface. Its also for those working with timber that want a beautiful, long-lasting, hard wearing, yet easy-to-apply natural finish.
Whittle Waxes have combined all of the benefits of older versions of Hardwax Oils, but, using state-of-the-art technology in Germany have now created a super tough version of hardwax oil made uniquely for Australia - the new Evolution Hardwax Oil.
- Faster drying times, leave overnight prior to recoating
- Extremely high coverage rates, approximately 30m2 per litre!
- Can be rolled or buffed on once material is sanding at 120 grit
- Four Sheen levels are available
- Will last 5 to 7 years on floors before re-application required, much longer on low traffic furniture!
- Cobalt and oxime free
- "Feels so good under your feet/hands” timber finish
- Forms a lustrous, natural, silky finish that penetrates & nurtures timbers.
- Enhances the natural colour & feature in the timber
- Manufactured with German technology, but created for Australian conditions.
- 2nd coat and maintenance coats can be buffed on.
- Can be replenished without an aggressive sanding.
- Re-coating results in no loss of thickness of timber, and allows the timber to build character.
- Floor should last indefinitely, by following a simple maintenance regime.
- Durable, water and stain resistant plus water repellant, suitable for bathrooms and kitchen benchtops
- Non-static in application & finish - does not attract dust
- Micro-porous oil allows timber to breathe & move seasonally.
- Safe for use in its liquid form & safe disposal of used wax after re-sanding.
- Food safe, toy safe, environmentally friendly manufacturing.
- Colourless, professional surface coating and protection.