Luban are renowned for making the finest spoon planes on the market
Easy to control and quick cutting, this spoon plane quickly and easily makes hollow or dished-out cuts. Perfect for spoons and bowls, it can also be used to smooth the surface of large carvings. Made of cast bronze, then coated with titanium nitrate for a super smooth finish, the plane features a large comfortable handle for extended use. Plane is 45mm wide, 155mm long, with a 35mm wide blade. Requires honing before use.
Plane Carver's Spoon Features
- Accurate blade needs minimal adjustment and holds securely in place
- Perfect for hollowing out bowls and spoons, hollow or dish cuts, or even smoothing surfaces
- Cast bronze body with a titanium nitrate coating for a durable, exceptional finish
- Concave face blade for extremely accurate shaving
- Works on the pull stroke for superior control
How does a spoon plane work?
Also known as a 'spoon plane', carver's spoons are a very useful tools for hollowing out your work. The tool itself is made of solid brass, then coated with titanium nitrate for a really smooth finish. You will find a tremendous range of uses for this tool. The cutter is high carbon steel with concave face blade to allow shaving easy.
Working on the pull stroke, it's easy to control and quick cutting, the spoon plane quickly and easily makes hollow or dished-out cuts. Perfect for spoons and bowls it can also be used to smooth the surface of large carvings.