Torquata's Quick Action F Clamps are among the best in Australia
F-clamps vary wildly in price and quality. While we can source and sell clamps that are worth half as much, these clamps come from a specialist clamp manufacturer that produces for the major global clamp brands. Taking one look at them its easy to work out who they are made for, however buying in the major brand names can cost twice as much or more.
Unlike the generic clamps you find in a similar price range, Torquata are a West Australian brand that are all heavily tested and manufactured specified to Australian conditions. As a result, they'll easily handle loads and clamping forces that you would never risk a generic on, whether it's lifting beams or even higher-duty requirements. The clamping and winding mechanisms, the strength of the sidebars, every part of these clamps is manufactured to last a lifetime.
So what makes Torquata clamps so great?
- Soft grip handle is larger and more ergonomic, providing higher clamping pressure for less effort
- I-beam bar reduces flexing and bowing
- Zinc-plated drawn bar and rolled steel screw for long service life
- Malleable cast-iron heads will not crack under pressure
- Precision cast heads ensures significantly improved parallelism between the posts
- Smaller 80mm throat and lighter bar for better handling
Personally, we stock and have tried out many of the great clamping manufacturers worldwide. But we still use these in our store workshop because they always deliver with a minimal no fuss operation and they have really comfortable handles, which elicit so little strain on the wrist. Oh, and they're quick action unlike many F Clamps, which - believe us - is a really nice feature to have at the end of the day.
Torquata Quick Action F-Bar Clamp Specifications
Clamp Quick Action 300x120mm Each. The second image shows the 80mm throat clamp at the bottom in comparison to the 120mm throat clamp above it.