Plug it, match it, forget it: wood plug cutter sets that don't require tapering for the perfect fit
Without being obseqious, it's a phenomenal advantage to be able to use plugs from your own workpiece to fill counter bored or sunk holes. When you think about it, it just makes good sense. So the only real dilemma becomes finding a plug cutter that cuts neatly, efficiently and won't tear out expensive material.
Well now you can produce tapered plugs from the same wood stock for superior grain matching or for removing small blemishes and do so in style, thanks to US made Milescraft Straight Plug Cutters.
These handy sets include a bit for drilling scrap project material to produce tapered plugs to cover screws or hide blemishes. By using the same species, wood fasteners virtually disappear or use contrasting material to create a unique visual effect.
- Plugs self-eject when drilling through 3/4-Inch thick boards
- Standard 1/4-Inch hex shank is quick change compatible
- Remove blemishes from project boards
- Three piece set includes steel plug cutters to produce 1/4″, 3/8″, and 1/2″ tapered plugs for improved fit
- Make a plug with the largest bit to fill a hole made with middle bit, make a plug with the middle bit to fill a hole made with the smallest bit
Comes as a set of 3 which includes the popular 6.4mm (1/4in), 9.5mm (3/8in) and 12.7mm (1/2in) Sizes.