Free Shipping on orders over $149 for eligible products*
Please view products below or select from one of the following categories...
» View More
Aluminium oxide grinding wheels are the woodworker’s choice for bench grinding wheels as they provide a cool yet maximum cutting rate on hardened tool and high-speed steel commonly found in woodworking tools.
The grit refers to the density of the crystalline structure of the plate – the higher the density the slower the material stock removal – therefore acting as a “finer grit” but this also can lead to increased heat build-up with the chance of changing the structure of the cutting edge or “burning” the edge.
We generally recommend a 46 or 60 “Grit” wheel for most woodworking applications.
We have sold the Abrasiflex grinding wheels for more than 20 years now because –
· The white aluminum oxide is held in a premium vitrified bond
· Each wheel contains nested bushings to accommodate a wide variety of standard arbor sizes
· The performance of Abrasiflex wheels is on par with other brands but offers great value-for-money
A simple method of dressing grinder wheels – the coarse grit is harder than aluminium oxide and will slowly but effectively true up the plate and expose new a cutting face on bench grinder wheels.
This accessory suits 6in and 8in bench grinders and is capable of a wide range of angles, making it versatile for sharpening virtually all woodworking tools.
· Large 152 x 85mm working surface
· Maximum height of table when positioned flat is 150mm
· Includes mitre guide to use as a guide when sharpening square edges blades
· Spring loaded clamping handles lock the table in place securely and stay out of the way
· Creates a hollow ground bevel which, when honed, creates a razor sharp edge
PLEASE NOTE – new tool rest will be available in black when back in stock in mid-July.
Suits chisels, plane irons etc. up to 40mm wide
» View More
Browse products and add to your cart.