The M-Power Combination Universal Router Base is an incredible router jig
It's a Small Circle Compass: Rout precision circles and holes that are actually smaller than the base of the router. Micro adjust the circle dimension without disturbing the set up. The small circle compass will rout circles 19 - 225mm radius or 38 - 450mm diameter (measured using a ¼” (6mm) straight router cutter).
And it's a NEW Large Circle Compass: Cut circles over 4ft in diameter. Super fast set-up means that the router doesn't even have to be taken from the CRB7. Maintains the same level of precision, adjustability and accuracy of cut that the CRB7 has always provided.
Incredible list of features
- Adjustable Mortising: A unique feature that allows “centred and off centred mortises. Decide on and precisely control the actual dimensions of the mortise.
- Anti Tilt Support: Another first, variable height triangulated stabilization. Usually most of the router base remains unsupported when edge routing. The CRB7 Anti Tilt Leg supports the router eliminating router tilt, especially important when routing work pieces with a high aspect ratio.
- Adjustable Clamp Guide: Run the CRB7 up against your clamp guide to accurately rout parallel dado’s along the length or width of your work piece. The Micro Adjuster reduces clamp guide set up time.
- Off Set Base Plate: Increases overall router stability, reducing errors when edge molding by more than doubling the surface contact area between router and work piece. CRB7 also positions the pivot hand guiding the router toward the center of the panel, smoothing out the router pass action, reducing the chance of burn marks.
- Adjustable false panel dado copier: The CRB7 provides a simple and exceptionally quick way of accurately repeating a moulded dado. Ideal for production batch quality faux or false paneling.
How to use the Combination Router Base
Set up with speed and ease: Fitting the CRB7 to your favorite router couldn’t be easier. The New Crank Plates and additional set of Guide Rods allow the CRB7 to be fitted to any router that has 2 through-rod drillings and rod pinch bolt.
Select the correct sized rods for your router and the adjustable crank plates will adjust rod height and width simultaneously. Three pairs of Guide Rods: 9/32'' (7mm) diameter to fit routers with smaller rod drillings E.g. Porter Cable's 690 series, 5/16” (8mm) diameter to fit routers with larger rod drillings E.g. DeWalt 621 and 25/64” (10mm) diameter for use with the large circle compass feature.
- Quick Change: Unlike most router jigs, the CRB7 can be fitted/removed in no time. No fiddly screws or special fitting plates required.
- New Locking Bars: Helps to tighten and loosen the guide rods during initial Set Up' and Large Compass assembly.
- Indexed Micro Adjuster: Allows precise control over the router cutter position. Knurled and indexed for ease of use.
- 2in Bakelite Ball Handle: Ergonomic design, comfortable to the touch, allows for easy hours of consecutive use.
- Indexed Rule: A self-adhesive Imperial/Metric rule, another feature to ensure quick visual indication of the router cutter position.
- Two Part Anti Tilt Leg: Supports and stabilizes the router when edge routing. The two leg sections accommodate combinations of router position and work piece thickness.
- Magnetic Pivot Pin Storage: A no-loose home for this essential component, safe and easily accessible whenever required.
- Professional Grade Build: Made in the United Kingdom. The CRB7 is manufactured to the highest standards. Including hard anodized, solid aluminium bridge, laser cut 3/16” (5mm) thick acrylic base plate and precision turned steel and brass components.
Accessory Kits To Further Expand Usefulness
- Edging & Dowel Trim Kit (available separately): Quick-fit the Trim Kit Riser Pad, to flush trim hardwood lippings and dowels in one routing pass.
- Edge Guide Kit (available separately): Allows parallel dado’s up to an impressive 190mm in from the board edge. (a greater range than a regular edge guide offers). Or edge mold decorative panels. Machined in solid clear Perspex with mounting points for a false face piece.