Scroll chucks are indispensable for woodturner's work-holding. They need to be durable, accurately manufactured to provide a smooth scrolling action and positively locking jaws to ensure the work piece is held securely when being machined.
This scroll chuck ticks all of the boxes - precision-engineered and manufactured (run-out tested to be 0.05mm or below prior to leaving the factory) to provide years of trouble-free service, smooth operation and minimal vibration at almost any lathe speed with a solid range of the most popular jaws available to hold the work piece in a myriad of ways.
The chuck body itself is larger than most comparable scroll chucks on the market - which provides for a greater range of travel for all accessory jaws, meaning you can get more use out of the chuck with a smaller range of jaws.
- 100mm bright steel precision-machined chuck body
- Fully enclosed scrolling gear wheel means it doesn't get clogged with shavings
- Indexing plate built into side of enclosing plate for ease of access
- Hardened steel jaw slides for fixing jaws on to chuck
- Large and comfortable single T-Handle included for single-handed chuck adjustment
- Includes standard 60mm dovetail jaws to securely grip work piece in expanding and contracting mode
- Includes woodworm screw for extra work holding if necessary
- Chuck body recommended for work pieces up to 600mm (24in) diameter
- Standard dovetail jaws recommended for work pieces up to 350mm (14in) diameter
Jaw Travel Expanding - 59 - 92mm
Jaw Travel Contracting - 43 - 77mm
The chuck does not come standard with an insert - add the chuck to cart and select the appropriate size chuck insert to suit your lathe's thread.
If your thread size is not listed here, then select the 5/8in unthreaded insert to be made up by a local engineering shop.