Scroll chucks are indispensable for woodturner’s work-holding. They need to be durable, accurately manufactured to provide a smooth scrolling action and positively locking jaws to ensure the work piece is held securely when being machined.
Why pick the Torquata Scroll Chuck?
The manufacturer has been producing scroll chucks for 20+ years and supplies many major brand names in USA and UK. They are the choice for premier brands that are known for delivering quality, reliability and value.
If you look at the comparison you will see that the Torquata Chuck is bigger than its major rivals in the market. Most chucks are known as 3 1/2in or 90mm chucks – Torquata uses a full-size 100mm chuck body.
Why does this matter?
- The internals of this chuck are bigger and stronger, which translates to stronger, more secure work holding on larger work pieces up to 700mm (28in) diameter when appropriate jaws are used.
- The jaw slides are bigger and work over a larger range inside the chuck body – meaning you get bigger ranges when the jaws are mounted.
- 100mm bright steel precision-machined chuck body
- Fully enclosed scrolling gear wheel means it doesn’t get clogged with shavings
- Indexing plate built into side of enclosing plate for ease of access
- Hardened steel jaw slides for fixing jaws on to chuck
- Large and comfortable single T-Handle included for single-handed chuck adjustment
- Includes woodworm screw for extra work holding if necessary
- Chuck body recommended for work pieces up to 700mm (28in) diameter
- Standard dovetail jaws recommended for work pieces up to 350mm (14in) diameter
- Includes standard 60mm dovetail jaws to securely grip work piece in expanding and contracting mode
- Jaw Travel Contracting 45 – 73mm
- Jaw Travel Expanding 60 – 88mm
The Torquata System Saving
The Scroll Chuck is the first of what is a multi-stage investment when you need more accessory jaws. How much do the spare jaws cost?
Look at the comparison below –
|Large Dovetail Jaws
|Cole (Flat) Jaws
That’s a saving of $136.00 – or 33%!
The Torquata Chuck delivers on features, quality and value. Every time.
The chuck does not come standard with an insert - add the chuck to cart and select the appropriate size chuck insert to suit your lathe's thread.
If your thread size is not listed here, then select the 5/8in unthreaded insert to be made up by a local engineering shop.