Precision cuts made easy
Modern woodworkers have adopted the butt chisel as the perfect tool for precision hand cutting and joint paring. The short-chisel’s classic design bevel-edge with a narrow land on each side, providing excellent clearance when chiselling into tight recesses.
These British made butt chisels fulfill the need for a short, compact and controllable tool.
- Width range from 6 – 25mm.
- Forged carbon steel blades
- Tempered for a Rockwell hardness of 57/60
- Hand-ground and honed for regular use
- Perfectly hardened for smooth edges and simple sharpening
- Attractive brass-ferruled Rosewood handles
- Ergonomically-designed to maximise comfort and minimise rolling.
Why Crown chisels?
Crown Hand Tools have been manufacturing traditional woodworking hand tools for over fifty years and their chisels are hot-forged from the finest carbon steel, then hardened and tempered.
These chisels are manufactured exclusively in the UK, using the same forge, temper and grind methods that traditional Sheffield metalworkers did, whilst also incorporating modern processes and materials, such as cryogenics and powder metallurgy.