How We're Managing Coronavirus at Timbecon
Timbecon in both Melbourne and Perth is open and trading both in-store and online. We are now taking the following extra measures -
- We ask all customers to use provided hand sanitiser upon entering the store
- We have reduced the number of operating cash registers on the counter from three to two to comply with social distancing
- We have marked out 2m distances from the counter so that you can follow social distancing
- We will practice social distancing whilst serving you in-store
- We urge customers to use electronic payments instead of cash in-store
- If you are displaying any Coronavirus symptoms you will be asked to leave - we are doing this to protect the mental health of our staff
- If you are unsure or need more information about Coronavirus please visit health.gov.au.
We are tackling the implication of the Coronavirus outbreak proactively here at Timbecon.
We are disinfecting door handles, our customer service counters as well as machinery and other displays in the showrooms on a very regular basis. When you come in-store you are likely to see this in action - we are doing it to maintain in-store hygiene for you, our staff and our other customers.
We normally keep our bathrooms very clean. Instead of daily cleaning, we are checking them throughout the day and making sure they stay spotless, along with kitchens and other high-traffic areas.
Looking After Our Staff
We are working at 100% now and have contingency plans in place if a number of our staff are unable to attend work, but ask for your understanding if the situation becomes more disruptive.
We have wellness management plans in place for at-risk staff and have committed to financially support all employees in the event of a partial or complete business shutdown.
Some of our staff have family members stranded overseas plus others that will need to support their spouses who work in health services. As you can imagine, just like other people who are being affected in different ways by this difficult time, some of our staff may seem a little distracted so we ask for your patience and to treat everyone with respect.
If the government requires store closures or we believe the risk to our staff becomes too great to continue operating the retail stores, we will advise via the website, social and email immediately.
We will continue to dispatch all orders received either online or placed over phone. If we are unable to do this, we will be in touch within 24 hours and will offer either a full refund or if you are happy to wait, we will hold the order until it can be dispatched again.
Reduced Freight Costs
Because of the current situation we have decided to reduce or waive freight costs through to the end of April. We will continue to review the situation and may choose to extend this offer. We are doing this to improve the availability of our range to people who can't or don't want to shop in-store at the moment. The particulars of this offer are -
- All freight costs to metro and most regional areas have been reduced by up to 50% for orders weighing up to 99kg.
- All orders over $200 will have a Free Shipping option*.
- When selecting Free Shipping, we will use Australia Post unless there are size/weight restrictions, in which case it will ship via Border Express.
- Startrack Priority service is still available at normal pricing.
- *All Sherwood products and Kaizen Foam is excluded from the Free Shipping option.
We are working hard to ensure prompt dispatch times so you can get your order quickly.
Shopping In-Store and Online
While the stores remain open at this time, we believe that in coming days that this situation is likely to change and we will only be able to operate online. If this is the case, or you do not feel comfortable coming in-store now but wish to collect your order we recommend the following steps -
- Order AND pay online
- Choose the Store Pick-Up option
- In the Comments field please advise the day and time you wish to collect your order
- Call the store number 10 minutes prior to arrival and we will leave your order clearly marked with your name at the front door
It is our preference that as many customers as possible take this option now.
Latest Information From our Carriers
We have been advised on some changes to how deliveries will take place by all of our carriers. The good news is that freight companies are operating at full capacity. For more information please see below -
Australia Post & Startrack Express
Please refer to Australia Post's excellent website where they are keeping all of Australia up-to-date. Any changes to Australia Post's delivery system will be mirrored by Startrack Express.
Border Express have implemented the following safety measures with their drivers when making deliveries -
- All drivers are required to maintain, wherever practicable, a minimum safe distance of 1.5m when delivering and collecting parcels / pallets.
- All Drivers will no longer be required to present their hand held scanner to obtain an electronic signature / proof of delivery.
- Alternatively drivers will obtain a First Name and Last Name and sign as COV-19.
Changes to Timbecon Rewards
The uncertainty around COVID-19 is something that has affected us all. In addition to ensuring the health and safety of our team and our customers, Timbecon are making changes to deal with some of the emerging economic challenges Australia is now facing. For the first time in 25 years, Timbecon is making changes to the Frequent Shopper System. For more information on the change please follow this link.
Changes to Trading Hours
We have reviewed our fledgling Thursday evening opening times in Melbourne and have decided to revert back to our normal 5pm closing time on Thursday afternoons. While we have found a good response to this and the Thursday evening events - including Timbecon Live - we believe at this time that promoting gatherings is not appropriate. As soon as this changes we will start to open Thursday evenings and recommencing events in-store.
Keeping It Light
We will be starting a new daily video series on Essential Woodworking that will be posted on our YouTube channel every work day we're here. This will be starting Tuesday 31st March and we'll keep this going through to Easter.
If you're stuck at home or work and need some light relief, its a great time to grab a morning coffee and check it out.
If there is something you’d like to see in this series please let us know and we’ll do our best to schedule it in.
Keep Calm, Get Woodworking
If you have any queries about the above info please feel free to contact us, or come and see us. We are keeping it clean so if you need to come in and grab something quickly, you can visit with confidence.
While this may be a pretty unsettling time, woodworking is a great way to relax and keep mentally and physically active.
We hope that you stay safe and well during this period. We are looking forward to helping you with your woodworking needs.
If you need to get in touch with me for any reason please email me.