M Power has developed the brand new high spec Diamond Cross stones specifically for the Fasttrack to bring you an innovative and powerful combination sharpening system that will have you regaining that razor sharp edge in seconds. Chisel in.. and sharpen. Plane blade in... and sharpen. No set up time... No complicated attachments and No experience needed... It’s that simple. From the total beginner to the most discerning of professionals. The FASTTRACK Sharpening System allied with the new Diamond Cross stones will deliver a flat ground edge every time.
What's Included In The Basic Fasttrack Sharpening System -
- Fasttrack Sharpening Base
- Fasttrack diamond honing guide holder
- Deburring Plate
- 220grit Preparation Diamond Cross Plate
- 450grit Finishing Diamond Cross Plate
- All other grit plates are available separately as listed above.
What's Included In The Fasttrack Complete Kit -
- All of the above PLUS
- 100grit Extra-Coarse Diamond Cross Plate
- 600grit Fine Finishing Diamond Cross Plate
- 1000grit Super Fine Diamond Cross Plate
- Storage Pouch
- Stropping Attachment
- No set up time.
- Safe - Simple - Quick to use.
- Unique lateral sharpening action ensures a razor sharp edge with a flat ground finish.
- The blade remains stationary when sharpening - so it's very safe.
- Sharpens square edge chisels and plane irons from 3 - 64mm (1/8 - 2 1/2in).
- Change the grade of Diamond Cross stone instantly via magnetic lock (5 Diamond Cross stone grades available).
- Change the sharpening angle from 25° primary to 30° secondary in seconds.
- Built to last - Machined in solid aluminum and finished in a hard wearing anodize.
- Sharpening system carriage runs on Nylon 66 slip rails for a smooth action.
So what’s the problem? Traditionally chisels and plane blades are sharpened using a combination of either an oilstone, waterstone or diamond stone with a jig that holds the tool to be sharpened at the correct honing angle, many sharpening systems require a second jig to accurately set the angle of the first jig. This represents a sufficient deterrent to prevent workshop based woodworkers taking 20 minutes out of their project time to get any kind of edge let alone a decent one on their chisels; and what of the professional “On site” carpenter, do they really have the space or inclination to carry that kind of sharpening system with them? A system that the average home renovator would struggle to even set up in the first place?
The simple sharpening solution - The FASTTRACK Precision Sharpening System is a unique solution that holds the blade to be sharpened stationary and its angle constant while a diamond stone is guided across the cutting edge (at a 90° angle to the tool’s normal cutting direction) at either 25° or 30°, depending on your application, making the bevel flat and the edge true, lasting, and requiring only minimal maintenance unless chipped or neglected. We’ve included Preparation and Finishing Diamond stones so you can start low to gain that super fine edge that makes a cutting tool a pleasure to use. The instructions provided will have you putting a razor edge on your chisels and plane irons within a few minutes of opening the package.
Easy to use - Usage is simple! Insert the coarsest stone into the carriage of the FASTTRACK, place the tool to be sharpened in the bed and steadied against the fence, and glide the carriage along the dovetailed track back and forth until a bright line appears across the entire width of the cutting edge. Move up to the next grit and repeat, again.
Built to last - This is a tough, solid aluminum tool, that’s remarkably compact, ideal for including in any professional or enthusiasts tool bag in the shop or on the road. Get used to working with seriously sharp chisels and planes. Not only is it safer, the results achieved will be noticeably crisper, smoother!
M.POWER “Diamond Cross” Stones - They have developed an exclusive range of different grades of diamond stone for use with the FASTTRACK Sharpening System. From the "Extra Coarse" 100 grit stone for fast removal of material to the "Fine Finishing" 1000 grit for that supreme finish. No other handheld system uses such a wide variety of diamond grades for rapid removal of material to fine edge honing.
Please note that the Fasttrack Sharpener pouch accessory shown in the video is sold separately.