13mm wide blades are for better suited for straight cutting on a bandsaw with shallow curves possible such as shallow arcs on table ends or slight arches in chairs.
6TPI blades are designed for material 12 - 40mm thick.
Selecting the TPI relates to the thickness of material – determining blade stability in the material and waste ejection of the cut – not the smoothness of cut (which rarely varies if selected correctly).
Why Sherwood Bandsaw Blades?
· Each tooth on the blade is hardened to Rockwell Rc80 –making it resistant to heat build-up, increasing blade life and strength
· Unique heat line on the back of the blade –the blade does not buckle in use giving you a straighter cut.
· Tooth shaped with a chip-breaker –removing waste more efficiently, reducing heat build-up, improving and extending cutting performance.
· Increased hook angle – cuts more aggressively but still leaves a smooth finish, making the cuts faster and easier to control.
· Thin gauge (kerf) – Just like thin kerf circular saw blades, it takes less power to drive, with less waste, so deeper cuts are quicker & easier than before.
· Increased set of tooth – standard tooth set does not affect hardwood cutting but can affect cutting resinous timbers such as Pine. With a greater set, these blades handle a wider range of material.
· Made in Germany – the blade stock is manufactured in the world’s centre of modern engineering. Expect excellent, consistent blade quality every time.
· Butt welded – the strongest method of welkding. We guarantee these blades will never break on the weld – ever.