While the features of this saw closely mirror that of the 10in hybrid saw there are three main areas of improvement this saw has that creates a positive real-world performance improvement -
Unlike most other saws that have been on the market for years without modification or improvement, this saw's development has only been completed in late 2016 and uses the latest in table saw design thinking. The carriage has been developed from the ground up with mass and directional force stresses in mind to reduce vibration both running at 90ª through to the full 45ª range of left-hand tilt. The carriage has also been load-tested in deep rip applications with maximum power transfer in mind to reduce the load on the motor and improve cutting speed and performance.
- The fit and finish of the saw is unsurpassed at this price point. From using German manufactured UHMW glide strips on the fence through to multiple CNC grinds on the precision-machined and polished table tops and run-out calibration checked and signed off on each unit prior to shipping, straight out of the box the quality of manufacturing is palpable in ease of assembly and fitment of all accessories.
- The fence is upgraded from the aluminium fence arm to a full steel tubular welded T-square fence with thick 19mm glide strips finished square and slippery for gliding saw cuts.
Unique features of this saw compared with the 10in Hybrid Saw include -
- Heavy-duty 7.6A (1800W) induction motor
- 4in dust outlet built into rear of cabinet base with 2 1/2in sub-inlet to attach hose (not included) for extraction above and below blade
- Precision-ground cast-iron table measuring 510 x 685mm (width x length) two cast-iron extension wings each measuring 250mm wide
- Full table size when assembled is 1025 x 685mm
- Quality mitre guide with in-built 90° and 45° stops plus expandable mitre bar for precision glide in slot
- Solid 60 x 40mm steel tube fence rails with capacity 785mm to right and 300mm to left of blade
- Rigid 870 x 60mm-long solid steel tubular steel welded fence arm with 910mm long 19mm thick UHMW glide strips
- Standard magnetic no-volt-release (NVR) switch
All specifications in common with the 10in Hybrid Saw are -
- Flat ribbed drive belt for maximum power transfer from the motor to blade spindle
- Standard 5/8in (15.9mm) arbor that is long enough to use standard dado blades (available separately)
- Class-leading 80mm depth of cut when using full-size 254mm blade
- Built-in spindle lock to make blade changes quick and easy
- Quick-release riving knife system
- European-style overhead guard with built-in 2 1/2in dust outlet port
- Can be interchanged with included splitter when deep ripping thicker material
- Heavy-duty cast-alloy saw blade insert with built-in levelling adjusters
- Safer left blade 45° bevel tilting adjustment
- Bevel and height adjustment via cast-iron polished handwheels
- Precision machined standard size 3/4 x 3/8in T-mitre slots so all standard accessories can be mounted
- Steel fence locking arm with heavy-duty cast-iron and alloy fence clamp for rock-solid locking action against rails
- In-built fine adjustment built into fence arm to accurately square fence to blade
- Clear magnified fence cursor to accurately align against scale
Please note that due to the shipping weight of this machine that a tailgate drop fee of $80.00 may need to be charged. Please see our Freight & Returns for more information.
Download User Manual
It’s enough to do your head in.
It’s Saturday arvo and the kids have to be at soccer practice, but you just can’t ignore that underlined scribble on your TO DO LIST any longer: It might be a new chest of drawers, a shelf or even a bedside table – whatever it is, you’ve been putting it off for months.
Why? Because like any flat-out workaholic, inevitably you’re going to end up at IKEA, Bed, Bath & Beyond or Harvey Norman, wasting your hard-earned dollars on the latest crappy plywood Strømrøforget that will last about 20 minutes until it cops a soccer ball to a leg and self-combusts.
It’s times like these that you wish you could step up your DIY capabilities. But where do you begin?