Wide drum sanders are valuable in cabinetmaking as they get the finest of finishes on flat surfaces in shortest period of time - especially on curly grain timbers or burls - that can't be otherwise achieved using hand sanders.
This unit is an industry-standard model and has a 1HP (750W) direct-drive 1,400rpm motor along with a compact and powerful 95W (1/8HP) DC motor that has variable speed so you can adjust the feed speed to suit the abrasive and material. It is well-built and has been reliable in thousands home workshops for over 20 years.
- Open sided configuration means it can sand surfaces up to 32in (812mm) wide by flipping the work piece around
- Capable of sanding exceptionally thin material - 3.2 - 127mm thick
- Heavy-duty rubberized variable speed platen can be adjusted to run at 570 - 2700mm/min
- 2 1/2in diameter dust outlet built into overhead drum guard
- Rugged aluminium tower and drum frame absorbs vibration
- Conveyor belt tracking easy to adjust
- Drum diameter 5in accepts standard 75mm & 100mm-wide clothed back abrasives
- Includes stand
Please note that due to the shipping weight of this machine that a tailgate drop fee of $80.00 may need to be charged. Please see our Terms & Conditions for more information.