Check out the specifications on the router bits by going to the Lock Mitre Jointing Router Bit page.
We've all been there; we grab our cup of coffee and head out to the shop with great enthusiasm and vigour, excited by the prospect of making gorgeous Locking Mitre joinery. About 1/2 hour later (and $$ in wasted wood) we throw up our hands in frustration only to banish our prized lock mitre bits to the back of the bit storage rack. But you thought you had it, right? Only a small adjustment in bit height and it'll be perfect, or should you adjust the fence depth? Make the wrong adjustment and you'll be farther than you were before you started. So what went wrong and why are those bits tricky to setup? For starters, the lock mitre profile is one of the few that requires precision in both the X and Y axis. The trick is to find the centreline of your material and match it up with the centreline of the profile, doesn't sound too difficult, I mean we are woodworkers after all, right?
Don't despair, the Infinity Lock Mitre Master jig is a simple, yet precisely machined, setup-aid for use with lock mitre router bits (in table mounted routers only). Unlike other setup jigs or blocks, it's easy to use and opens up new locking mitre joint possibilities. It requires zero math calculations and virtually no trial and error cuts. With these jigs you can quickly and easily set the proper bit height AND fence position for precise-fitting standard and special case lock miter joints. They attach securely to your router bit with rare earth magnets and are precision milled with engraved reference lines that make it easy to set-up flawless standard lock miter joints as well as a variety of special lock miter joints only possible with the Lock Miter Master.
- The small setup jig works with variable stock thicknesses 9.5 - 19.0mm
- The large setup jig works with variable stock thicknesses 15.9mm - 30.1mm
- Incredibly versatile, works with uneven stock thickness to make non-standard joints
- Precision C.N.C. machined from billet aluminum
- Red anodized for durability and visibility
- Rare earth magnets attach the jig securely to the cutter
- Fast and easy to use - most first attempts will result in a perfect joint
- Works with most brands of locking mitre router bit (we haven't tried them all)
Click here to download the pdf instructions