Square and stout, these are heavy-duty chisels
Crown’s mortice chisel designs are designed with strength in mind, to simultaneously absorb shock and avoid mushrooming or splitting.
The blades have relieved edges and taper from tip to shoulder for sidewall clearance, with a significantly thicker cross-sectional shape to be able to chisel and lever out large quantities of material in deep recesses whilst still maintaining their shape.
- Width range from 6 – 32mm
- Forged carbon steel blades
- Tempered for a Rockwell hardness of 57/60
- Hand-ground and honed for regular use
- Perfectly hardened for smooth edges and simple sharpening
- Attractive steel ferruled, solid ash handles
- Ergonomically-designed to maximise comfort and minimise rolling.
Why Crown chisels?
Crown Hand Tools have been manufacturing traditional woodworking hand tools for over fifty years and their chisels are hot-forged from the finest carbon steel, then hardened and tempered.
These chisels are manufactured exclusively in the UK, using the same forge, temper and grind methods as traditional Sheffield metalworkers, while also incorporating modern processes and materials, such as cryogenics and powder metallurgy.