Move up to a new level of portable planing with this Deluxe 13in Thicknesser.
The fundamental upgrade to this unit is the segmented spiral cutterhead. The segmented spiral head uses a 27mm-wide two-sided high-speed steel knife arranged in a straight pattern (not like the industrial TCT spiral heads found in Sherwood combination planers, jointers or industrial thicknessers) and are designed to shear cut the work piece rather than planing the full width at the same time. It requires less horsepower, makes smaller chips and less noise than standard full-width blade types of standard cutterheads.
Unlike conventional single straight blades you do not need to replace the knife if it becomes damaged or dull. Instead, if one knife edge is damaged or needs sharpening simply turn it to another edge in seconds. You will only need to replace the inserts when the two edges are dull giving you more life than the standard knives.
Your initial investment is paid back in no time. Plus, even though it has the same motor as the Standard Thicknesser, it performs better with less load being placed on the motor, therefore prolonging motor life as well as providing a better quality cut and the ability to plane figured and difficult grains with relative ease.
Other three extra features that set this thicknesser apart from the rest of the pack -
- A solid granite base instead of a stainless sheet over an alloy base. This improves the weight in the base of the machine, absorbing vibration and making it more stable in use as well as maintaining consistent flatness for the lifetime of the machine regardless of external influences (such as damage, scratching etc.).
- A built-in depth-of-cut stop - set the depth of cut to the common 3.2mm, 6.4mm, 12.7mm, 19.0mm, 25.4mm and 31.8mm thicknesses so that when making the final pass on a number of work pieces they maintain a consistent thickness.
- Bigger infeed and outfeed tables to support the work piece more effectively.
- Cutterhead parallelism maintained by four precision ground steel posts
- In-built dust chute and dust port with unique three sizes built into one outlet
- Easy-to-acces and change brushes
- Built-in depth-of-cut gauge to ensure you're taking off the correct amount in each pass
|# of Belts
|# of Blades
||26 knives - 27mm wide
|Max Planing Capacity
||330 x 152mm
|Min Stock Thickness
|Planer Bed Size
||330 x 240mm
|Extension Table Size
||332 x 230mm
|Planer Feed Speed
|Dust Port Diameter
||2in, 2 ½in, 4in
||540 x 710 x 485mm