Incredible accuracy from hardened steel
iGaging are no slouches - they're one of the premier measuring tool suppliers in the world, responsible for some of the most innovative products to hit the industry over the past few years. But they're also capable of keeping it simple, effective, high-class and best of all cost-effective.
That's why when you need to setup a machine, mark accurate layouts, do some drafting or check the straightness of your work piece for warping, this precision straight edge is the essential tool you need.
Features & Specifications
- The 6mm hardened steel blades are meticulously ground and lapped for straightness and parallelism
- 305mm (12in) blade length
- They have a beveled knife edge with a metric scale, which means they can be used as precision rulers.
- For storage they have a hanging hole as well as a protective leather case, if you prefer to store them in a drawer.
- All the straight edges are accurate to 0.025mm over the length of blade, so that means the longer length you choose, the more accurate it is over the length of the blade in sections.
As you will note in the photo of us using the straight edge to set up the jointer knives, it picks up a dished outfeed table on the machine. Needless to say, this is a brilliant tool for woodworkers and one of the most commonly-used in our workshops.
August 2018: Please note that these were originally supplied as imperial, but from now on are only offered as metric versions.