CNC Spindles - as the name suggests - are specifically designed to run continuously in industrial environments, forming the heart of a CNC machine. CNC's are used in a wide variety of cutting applications - from timber to man-made wood panels, aluminium, plastics and many other materials.
The Sherwood CNC Spindle is an industrial-grade unit that will last 10,000 working hours before a major service is required - 10 times more than a standard router.
The benefits of using a Sherwood water-cooled CNC spindle are many...
- All brush-type routers are designed for a normal lifespan of approximately 1,000 working hours. CNC spindles are designed for a lifespan of 10,000 working hours before a major overhaul or replacement is required.
- Even the quietest of standard routers is noisy, a CNC spindle on the other hand runs whisper quiet. The most noise is generated only when the bit engages with the work piece.
- It comes standard with an external inverter - you can turn it on and off and adjust the speed remotely as standard.
- The inverter converts standard single-phase 240V to three-phase 415V 2.2kW power - to handle ANY routing cut.
- The electronic inverter maintains maximum torque literally from 0 - 24,000rpm.
- The spindle uses industry-standard ER20 collets, so with a full collet set, you can run any bit with a shank size 2 - 13mm. The spindle comes standard with 12-13mm collet to run normal 1/2in shank bits.
- The spindle is water-cooled - meaning it can run all-day, every day without variation, regardless of ambient temperature.
- The collet sits a comfortable distance to ensure above-table bit changes straight out of the box.
You can use this CNC Spindle Kit in two major applications offered at Timbecon -
The Sherwood CNC Spindle & Inverter Kit is a plug-and-play solution and includes the following items -
- Water-Cooled CNC Spindle
- Electronic Invetrter
- 2m loom to attach inverter to spindle
- 3m AUSNZ 240V 15-Amp lead to plug into wall
- Pump to run coolant
- 10m of 6mm hose tubing to create coolant system
- 12 - 13mm ER20 collet & nut
- 22mm & 30mm spanners to suit spindle and nut
A container to hold the cooling water close to the spindle is user-supplied.
PLEASE NOTE The spindle MUST have cooling water running throughout it continuously when in-use. DO NOT run it at any time without the coolant flowing through the spindle.