The vice-ing on the cake
If you're a traditional woodworker who doesn't mind a traditional t-bar vice handle and likes everything in their workshop to look just as solid as they are, then Benchcrafted's classic leg vice screw is for you.
Forgoing their spinning wheel design for the common vice approach, Benchcrafted have retained the ease of operation in a t-shaped iron, creating a vice that may look like a usual suspect, but is really anything but.
- Entirely metal build, unlike many competitors that cast through a wooden handle
- Attractive traditional look and 'parkerised' (manganese phosphate) finish
- Lighter weight sliding handle and hub
- Double lead acme screws ensure quick gliding movement
- Mating surfaces of the flange and hub are machined to a 127mm (5in) radius
- Adjustable spring plunger tension
- Leather shock washers
We don't recommend building your vise any more than 15 degrees off the vertical axis if using the Classic Crisscross. Please note that we only provide instructions for installing the Classic Leg Vise with a Crisscross.