Automated Dust Collector Blast Gates – for ultimate workshop convenience
Dust collector blast gates let you control a dust collection system’s vacuum pressure in order to achieve maximum suction at a desired tool station. iVac make the best automatic blast gates on the market because they're self-cleaning, fully automatic, have a remote contolled operation system and are designed to accommodate the highest performance systems.
How do Automated Dust Collector Blast Gates work?
- At each key tool station, a hose is attached to the tool and routed to the main dust collector vacuum
- For each hose run, a gate is installed that can be turned on or off. The gate is usually close to the power tool for easy access
- In older systems these gates were mechanical in nature and were activated manually, that is, each gate had to be opened or closed to maximize vacuum pressure at the desired tool station. Indeed, such manually operated gates still exist today.
- The blast gates are typically closed. When one gate is opened all vacuum pressure is made available to that tool station
What's so good about the Dust Extraction Control System 4in Automated Blast Gate?
With today’s high efficiency dust collection systems, multiple blast gates can be opened at the same time. In some instances, it’s even recommended that more than one gate be opened to prevent a system from collapsing. So, how do you take account of all of these issues in a modern, well equipped workshop?
The iVAC Pro family of automated dust collector blast gates lets you control vacuum flows precisely and automatically. All of the blast gates are electrically driven and programmable. There are three methods of controlling an iVAC Pro Blast Gate:
Automatic Dust Extraction Blast Gate Features
- Three methods of control – automatic, manual, and manual remote cable
- Large collars for ease of attachment
- Self Cleaning mechanism
- Open/Closed indicator
- Removable Slide
- Motor overload protection
- UL/CSA approved AC adaptor.
- One Blast Gate Always Open feature to accommodate high performance systems
Fully automatic and additionally remote controlled blast gates
Fully Automatic: when the power tool is turned on, the iVAC Tool Plus Automatic Sensor sends a wireless signal instructing the iVAC Pro Switch to turn on the Dust Collector, and this same signal is used to instruct the blast gate to open. When the power tool turns off it instructs the blast gate to close.
iVAC Pro Remote: in this mode an iVAC Pro Remote is used to send the Open and Close commands to the Automatic Blast Gate.
Remotely from a wired cable: in this mode the operation of a toggle switch on a wired cable will instruct the blast gate to open or close - so if you don't want to invest in the iVac Pro Switch system, you can still wired and install a switch on or near your power tool and control the operation of the blast gate remotely.
Installation is straightforward and each blast gate is powered from a 240V UL/CSA approved AC adaptor.