Get Bang-on Straight
The Luban #8 is designed for preparing long edges and large surfaces. It is longer and heavier than planes used for general stock removal.
You only want to get this one out when you really need it. Get the surface close before you get your jointer to it but when you do you’ll be getting excellent flatness in a few easy passes.
The frog can be adjusted to widen or narrow the mouth of the plane without the need to remove the irons by loosening the two locking screws on either side. Then adjust the central screw to set then desired mouth opening.
- Precision ground, unbreakable CR40 alloy steel casting.
- Engineered lateral adjuster with guide bearing and brass tab.
- Low profile cap iron.
- Brushed finish stainless steel lever cap.
- Hardwood handles.
- Cutting Iron 3mm (1/8in) thick 66.5mm (2-5/8in).
- Sole Dimensions: 610 mm (24 inches) long, 78mm (3 inches) wide.