More Bang for Your Buck
You could think of it as two planes in one - a short try plane and a panel plane. The Luban #5-1/2 will take broad, shallow shavings and will tidy up already straight pre-machined timber nicely. The extra weight also makes it an excellent choice for truing up those wider boards.
A popular choice for students and beginner woodworkers. Its well balanced and if you get it set up correctly, makes a great compromise if you can’t quite stretch to a dedicated try and smoothing plane.
- Precision ground, unbreakable CR40 alloy steel casting.
- Engineered lateral adjuster with guide bearing and brass tab.
- Low profile cap iron.
- Brushed finish stainless steel lever cap.
- Hardwood handles.
- Cutting iron: 3mm (1/8in) thick 60.3mm (2-3/8in)
- Sole Dimensions: 380mm x 73mm.