Take a Broader Shave.
Larger and heavier than the #4 the Luban 4-1/2 smoothing plane will accept the same iron as the 5-1/2 and 6. This adds the convenience of interchangeable irons.
The big benefit of a large smoothing plane is the ability to take broader shavings covering more ground in fewer passes. The weight is also a big factor, the plane has plenty of mass giving it a good planted feel.
Based on the bedrock planes that gets their name from having a full contact area between the body and the frog. Two locking screws on either side allow for the frog to be adjusted to widen or narrow the mouth of the plane without having to remove the irons.
- Precision ground, unbreakable CR40 alloy steel casting.
- Engineered lateral adjuster with guide bearing and brass tab.
- Low profile cap iron.
- Brushed finish stainless steel lever cap.
- Hardwood handles.
- Sole Dimensions 265mm x 72mm (10-3/8in x 2-7/8in)
- 1/8in (3mm) thick 2-3/8in (60mm) cutting iron.