Sherwood's 10inch Contractor's Saw is renowned among woodworkers
You just simply can't find another table saw on the market with these features and the level of attention to detail, plus a five year warranty and incredible technical support, for anywhere near such an affordable price.
Sherwood have re-designed their renowned Contractor's Saw with a brand new induction motor! This saw is feature-packed and includes virtually everything you need in a basic home workshop saw along with peace-of-mind Sherwood quality.
Features and Specifications
- NEW 2300W (3hp) induction motor with single belt drive (upgraded from 1500W motor)
- Please note 2300W motors have 15-amp plugs and require a 15-amp 240V single-phase circuit to run effectively
- 254mm (10in) blade capacity with standard-size 5/8in arbor (blade included)
- Includes insert to mount 8in dado blades up to 24mm wide
- 76mm/50mm depth of cut at 90°/45° tilt
- Left tilting bevel for safer bevel ripping
- Smooth and comfortable cast-iron rack and pinion height adjustment
- rack and pinion tilt adjustment on cast-iron trunions
- Sturdy 510 x 685mm cast-iron top with 2x 254mm pressed steel extension wings to create a large 1020mm working surface
- Strong 70mm-high alloy fence which locks parallel to the blade at both ends of table
- Maximum rip capacity with fence of 760mm to right and 330mm to left of blade
- Industry-standard ¾x⅜in mitre slot so all standard jigs and fixtures can be used
- Mitre guide and push stick included
- Spare saw blade, spanners, mitre guide, push stick and fence holders built into stand to be stored when not in use
- Multi-directional mobile wheel kit built into ultra-rigid pressed and folded steel stand
- Oversize safety on/off switch well-located to turn off with knee while both hands are still on work piece
- 4in dust port built into enclosed top part of base for superior extraction
- Left-tilt to 45 degrees
Why a Contractor's Saw?
While some use the terms ‘jobsite’ and ‘contractor’ interchangeably, they’re very different saws. Contractor’s saws offer vastly improved fences, significantly larger rip capacity and a far more professional cut then jobsite saws - hence the name – yet are still a cheaper, slightly portable alternative to larger cabinet saws.
Despite the fact that many contractor’s saws are very hefty indeed, the name derives from the U.S, where they use a lot of timber in residential construction. In the ‘States contractor’s saws were designed as deluxe jobsite saws, heavy-duty machines that can enhance a worksite’s capabilities for extended jobs, like building a house.
The contractor’s saw ditches the cabinet to provide more flexibility. It’s portable (at least for a few blokes) and you can mount it on a mobile workstation or even on the back of a work vehicle.
This flexibility makes a good contractor’s saw the perfect option for a home workshop: they’re cost effective, while still offering some of the key advantages of cabinet saws.
Fast Delivery, Australia Wide
While we keep our shipping costs as low as humanly possible, please note that due to the shipping weight of this machine, unless you have a forklift or other suitable means of offloading your machine at delivery, our shipping companies insist that a tailgate drop fee of $80.00 may need to be charged. Please see our Freight & Returns for more information.
10in Contractor's Saw User Manual
Download User Manual